On The Fifth Day Of Christmas...

Well if you're reading this we've survived the apocalypse and it's the fifth day of Christmas. So I've chosen "Bones" by Young Guns as my fifth favourite album of 2012. I really loved this album. It was released on the 3rd of February and I still listen to songs from it today. For this to only be Young Guns second full length album, I'm excited to see how much better they can get!

This album is fantastic lyrically and is very listenable. Gustav is on top form in this album. It still has the same kind of dark tone to it as All Our Kings Are Dead but includes a few more 'upbeat' songs like "Brother In Arms" and "I Was Born, I Have Lived, I Will Surely Die".

I have had so many favourites from this album but I think I have to say my all time favourites are "You Are Not", "Headlights" and "Bones". The video for "You Are Not" is absolutely genius - I think I liked the song even more - if that's possible - after I watched the video. "Headlights" is the ultimate 'sing-a-long' song. To this day I still don't know all of the lyrics but every time I hear the song I still sing and mumble along right until the end. "Bones" is just flawless. The lyrics are divine and the video is also awesome - very cinematic. This single kept me going until the actual album was released, so it's safe to say I rinsed this song from the get go.

I was lucky enough to see Young Guns live whilst I was at Reading Festival this year and they were easily in my top 10 gigs of the weekend. They absolutely slayed it and I think they were one of the only bands I saw where I knew every single song that they played. They had awesome stage presence and the crowd was completely in their hands - and for them to have so many people packed in their tent whilst Florence and The Machine were headlining the main stage at the same time says a lot (NB: the reason I wasn't at FATM was that it was cold/rainy so I wanted to be inside... and I love Young Guns so, win:win)

All I can say is that this album is amazing! Anyone who is into any kind of rock or alternative music please get your hands on this if you haven't already - you will not regret it!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment