On The Second Day Of Christmas...

In at number two we haveeeeee *drum roll*... "Priorities" by Don Broco. Released on the 13th of August 2012. I literally woke up at 8am the day after I'd gotten back from a week long holiday to go and buy this album from HMV the day it came out. Needless to say I was very keen for this album. And rightly so because I rinsed this album a LOT, so much so, that I can't remember a day since that I haven't listened to at least one song from it.

There are SO many catchy songs on this album and it's to the point that I will actually sing lines from their songs in response to general conversation. This is one of the only albums that I've purchased this year that I could still happily listen to from beginning to end without having to skip some songs.

Surprisingly, initially I wasn't actually that pleased with the album. I'd expected it to sound very different from how it did, so when I first heard it I was a little bit taken aback to be honest, but thank God it didn't sound the way I'd expected because this was of course much, much better.

My main favourites from this album are "Hold On", "Back In The Day", "Priorities" and "Actors". It was way too hard to just choose 4 there so honourable mention goes to "Whole Truth" and "Yeah Man". The music video to "Hold On" is just genius. The lads are experts at making sure their music is in keeping with their personalities. They just have a laugh (and they look good doing it). "Back In The Day" is just a fantastic song, I actually can't say much else about it - it is just gold. "Priorities" has one of the best opening riffs on a track this year and it is EXTREMELY catchy. The part that sold me on "Actors" is the break down where the strings come in and Rob says "we've talked about absolutely nothing..". That part was really unexpected when I first listened to it and I loved the song from beginning to end.

Definitely deserving of the number two spot, but what will be numero uno?! What album could I have possibly listened to more than this? You'll find out tomorrow...

Until then, feel free to pick up the album - it's at a special reduced price right now just £3.99!! GO GO GO!


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment