On The Sixth Day Of Christmas...

The sixth day! Hahaha this is pretty convenient because today's album is "This Is The Six" by While She Sleeps.

It's pretty funny how I heard about this band haha. One day some months ago, I was watching/listening to Kerrang, and their music video for "This Is The Six" came on. My family were all in the room at that point and they hate it when I listen to any music with screaming in it and so when the song started off with screaming they'd already started complaining and talking over the music so I only caught snippets of it before I had to change the channel. That was enough time for me to hear the words "this is the six" and type them into Google, thus sparking my interest in While She Sleeps.

I really overplayed this song after I found it and it's probably still my favourite song on the album to date. The intro is so genius and it has such energy to it. To be honest, the whole album is like that. I was so excited to later find out that they're on the same label (Search And Destroy) as one of my favourite bands - Don Broco AND they planned on releasing their full length record on the same day as them! (the 13th of August 2012) This could only mean good things.

The album is fantastic! Some of my favourite songs from the album are "Our Courage, Our Cancer", "Satisfied In Suffering", "Be(lie)ve" and "Seven Hills". "Satisfied In Suffering" has probably the most killer intro out of all the songs on the record. The first time I heard it my head was bobbing straight from the get-go.

This album is just a display of very very good quality music. I just know that While She Sleeps are going to do really well after this. :)


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment