New Discoveries: Horse Thief

I'm actually not exactly sure how I came across this band. Whenever I hear a song that I like but don't know the name, I usually write down some lyrics from the song and/or the name of the band. And so a while back, I checked my phone and just saw a memo that said "i am the bear horse thief". I wasn't sure when I wrote it or what it meant but I typed it into YouTube and found live videos but no real songs so I just left the memo and didn't look any further.

So last night I was doing some more research on music when I tried looking on YouTube again, and this time round here's what I found...


Now, I really like this song. The bassline looks and sounds like such fun to play. This song has the perfect kind of festival (specifically Latitude or Gentlemen Of The Road) vibe about it - chilled, but at the same time still makes you want to jump around. I reckon this band could get pretty big if they'd release a full length LP and get some more airtime. They're very talented and their lead singer has a great voice (listen to an acoustic performance of his here).

If you like the sound of Horse Thief, feel free to like their Facebook or buy their debut EP "Grow Deep, Grow Wild" here. After all, it's not everyday that you find a band that has an organ player..

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment