New Discoveries: Luke Sital-Singh

A few weeks ago I was listening to the radio and heard this song that I liked the sound of so I listened out for the presenter to say the name of the artist or song so that I could write it down. What I apparently heard and had scrawled down was "luke sittle sing - bottled up tyres". What I found when I googled that was this...

Luke Sital-Singh - Bottled Up Tight


I really really like this song. It's got quite an Avalanche City (The Streets) vibe to it, but Luke has a unique, smooth sounding voice that sets him apart from other bands and musicians which he might find himself being compared to like Tom Odell or Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds. London-based, Luke is making waves with this EP - 'Old Flint', having his songs played even on US series' like "The Vampire Diaries". This singer/songwriter is definitely going places, so keep an ear out.

In regards to the EP, Luke had this to say - "Time and place are two reasons why songs can mean so much to me. These songs, although written over many years were all brought together at one time and in one place, an old flint barn in Sussex and I hope something of those homely old walls can be felt in the songs and in the singing." This made me like him even more and made me even more excited to have a listen to this EP. This guy is going to go far.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment