VIDEO PREMIERE: Backwaters

The boys from Sheffield are back. This is another interesting new duo that's popped up this year and hopefully in the near future we'll be hearing a debut record from them. Until then...


 

I first heard about Drenge when I was reading NME a while back and they were on the "Radar" section (basically for upcoming artists) and I loved the sound of them so I checked them out. They're definitely one of the most exciting new groups out there and they have a kind of carefree, boyish, jovial persona about them that reminds me a little bit of Palma Violets

In regards to the song, I think I liked their debut single "Bloodsports" more but I definitely like this song - the lyrics are fantastic. The video isn't bad either - it doesn't tie in with much but it's interesting. Check out more of their stuff on their soundcloud here, and feel free to catch them at a few festivals this summer. Keep an ear out for these boys..

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment