VIDEO PREMIERE: I Appear Missing

Queens of the Stone Age have just released their first single from the new record "...Like Clockwork" out on the 3rd of June. The video is really quite eery and unnerving. Here, have a watch and a listen...

QOTSA - I Appear Missing

 

I'm not really sure at all what this video was meant to depict. Ravens are supposedly birds that symbolise ill omen and death and so the presence of the raven in this video in addition to the bandaged (and what appears to be brainwashed) man, might signify a dark end to a life? At the end of the day, I'm just speculating; this video could mean something else entirely.

To be honest, I love this video! I particularly love how QOTSA can put out a video like this which is probably meaningful to them, but will have the general public racking their brains to figure it out. The video itself is causing quite a stir but I can't let that overshadow the brilliance of the song. The lyrics to this song are written beautifully and the tone of the music compliments the video perfectly. I am SO stoked for this album!! Roll on June...

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment