VIDEO PREMIERE: Q.U.E.E.N.

ONE OF THE BEST VIDEOS THAT I HAVE SEEN ALL YEAR!! My goodness, Janelle Monae and Erykah Badu are just coolness personified. Watch this and be enlightened...


I'm not even sure where to begin with this video. I loved the song prior to the video (and wrote about it here) but my love for the song totally grew after watching this. This song has such a powerful and meaningful message and to top it off the beat is ridiculous!! The bassface most certainly made an appearance during the viewing of this video. Janelle Monae just always comes out with fresh and unexpected things, and many would refer to her and especially Erykah as weird but if that's what weird has become, I don't want to be normal. Producing music that consistently challenges or surprises it's listeners is a rarity nowadays and so this song/video is refreshing to say the least. SO ready for this album!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment