ANNOUNCEMENT: The Ocean

This has nothing to do with We Are The Ocean.... Aussie rockers Tonight Alive have just released the lyric video to their new song "The Ocean". Have a listen here...

 

All I have to say is YES!! YES YES YES OH MY GOODNESS FINALLY! This is exactly what I needed to hear right now. Finally some more pop punk has entered my life in 2013! I could only rinse The Story So Far's latest album to a certain point. This song is just awesome. The intro does remind me a little of their song "Listening" but it's nice to have something new and fresh from Tonight Alive. Their debut record What Are You So Scared Of? was a solid album. They are just such a tight band and listening to this new track, it would seem they've gotten even tighter. Jenna's vocals have definitely improved.

This is the kind of standard I need to expect from the pop punk/rock bands around today. I can't lie, hearing Jenna's voice on this track did make me miss VersaEmerge a little - haven't heard from them in a while. If anyone knows of any other pop punk/rock bands with female leads up to the caliber of Jenna McDougall, Sierra Kusterbeck or Hayley Williams, then please, alert me to them.

Until then, here's a little preview of what Tonight Alive's album artwork will look like this year...


Their new album The Other Side is set to be released on the 3rd of September.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment