DOWNLOAD FEST WEEKEND

Even though I'm already going to quite a few festivals this summer, I'm still so sad to be missing Download!!! The weekend is going to be INSANE. This year's line-up is riddled with quality acts. Have a look here.

Now I'm going to run through some of the acts that I'm particularly sad about missing this weekend. Starting with...

RAMMSTEIN
These guys just crack me up. A good friend of mine introduced me to their stuff, and they just always seem up for a laugh. Also, the fact that most of their songs are German just makes everything sound more aggressive than it actually might be. This is probably my favourite video of theirs...


 

One of my favourite bands right now. Their latest record "...Like Clockwork" has without a doubt made my top 3 best records this year so far list. My goodness, it is gold! Josh Homme = lyrical genius. They can't really be categorised in a single genre as they're pretty diverse, but if they're being called Stoner Rock this is definitely the best I've heard it done. One of my favourites from the album...


To indulge my 14 year old self again haha. I used to love Slipknot's old stuff. I haven't really kept up with much of their recent music if I'm honest, but to see them live would just be a blast from the past. Would definitely love to hear some of their classics live, like this...


Jared Leto in full bodily form singing to me in real life. Yes please, I'll take that. 30STM have had so many great hits and have recently released a new album LOVE LUST FAITH + DREAMS which I am yet to listen to in full but judging by this recent track, they're not an act you'd want to miss...

 

Love these guys. In fairness, I have seen them live once already but I would definitely love to see them live again many more times. Their set was ferocious. All of their records have been awesome and I post recently about a new track they released last week (here). But here's is one of my favourite songs from their latest album Daybreaker...

 

Purely for the bassist. If ever an instrument has held a band together, this bassist takes it to a new level. It's not every day that I hear good Prog. Rock/Metal music, so when I hear it, I've got to acknowledge it. These guys would be awesome live...

 

Timeless band. The fusion of hardcore and pop punk music makes me feel like I should be an angsty teen hating everybody but it's just so brilliant! They've put out 4 records and I've loved every single one. I'm a little angry at them for keeping us waiting with their fifth record Common Courtesy that was supposed to come out last year, but I'll forgive them because of tracks like these...

 

Heavy Metal takes human form in Iron Maiden. Putting out 15 albums in 3 decades is no easy task but Iron Maiden have done it and smashed it every time. To see them headline, with so many possible bangers under their belt - definitely not something to miss! Here's a favourite...

 

Another gig that I know will just be an utter madness! Plenty of stage diving, crowd surfing, wall-of-death-ing and other things of this sort. Only had four albums out but they've each been full of thumping metalcore tunes. Here's one of my favourites from their record Atlas out last year...

 

I'm still upset with myself for getting into these guys so late in the game. They've been around for over 2 decades and it took me until earlier this year to release how good they were. Hooray for finding good grunge music. With their latest album The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here out last month, they'll definitely have an awesome set of tracks to choose from. Here's one that I definitely advise they choose...
 


Honourable mention has to go to the rest of the acts that I wish I could see: Black Moth, Enter Shikari, The Ghost Inside, HIM, Fidlar, We Are The Ocean, BFMV, Stone Sour, Jimmy Eat World, Young Guns, Cancer Bats and The Hives. I guess you can't have it all, but nonetheless to those who are already enjoying some of this fantastic live music, I know you're having an immense time. Maybe I'll join you next year...


PS: You didn't think I could get through a post about Download without saying: "RAAAWWWWWWWKKKKK" did you? ;)

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment