New Discoveries: The &

This was an interesting discovery. A friend of mine was telling me that she is planning on going to Open'er Festival in Poland this year and so I thought I'd have another look at the line-up just to see what I was missing out on. Whilst looking through the (immense) line-up I came across The &. Originally, the only reason that I was drawn to them was because I was interested in the pronunciation of their name - is it "the and" or is it "the ampersand"?

So to find this out, obviously to Wikipedia I went, but nothing. So then to Google... still nothing. Lastly to Facebook - ziltch. "WHY ARE THESE GUYS SO ELUSIVE?!" I thought before going back to their page on the Open'er Festival website where I found this...

The & - Crush Me

 

This is a pretty cool song. After typing the names "MichaÅ‚ Kush and Radek Rajsl" into Facebook I finally came across their page. They are an electro-soul duo but I'm not actually entirely sure what country they're from. If I'm honest, I'm not entirely sure of much about them. They aren't very well known but they definitely have potential. They have an EP (BLACK EP) out currently which you can get for any price you like (so basically free) here. I am yet to listen to these tracks, but I look forward to giving them a look. 

I still never found out how their name is pronounced though so until somebody tells me otherwise, I think I'll go with "the ampersand"... sounds fancier.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment