Underrated/Overrated (Part Two)

Ok so, here is the second part in the "Underrated/Overrated" series with a couple of albums from this year. Click here to check out part one to see what you may have missed. But for now, here are today's records...

UNDERRATED ALBUM

LIANNE LA HAVAS - Is Your Love Big Enough?
Well apparently our love wasn't big enough because this album definitely didn't get as much appreciation as I think it should have. This was Lianne's debut record and it was absolute 
quality. Lianne plays both piano and guitar on most of the tracks and her vocals are so smooth and seamless, and it helps that her songwriting is great too. All in all, this album is just really good and it did get a little noticed, but I feel like there weren't enough people talking about it and appreciating it. My favourite songs on the album were "Is Your Love Big Enough?", "Lost & Found", "Age", "Au Cinema" and of course, "Forget"....



OVERRATED ALBUM

JESSIE WARE - Devotion
Now, this one was interesting. I saw something on Twitter about it before it was even released and so I listened to the title track first. I remember not really liking it at all. It felt like one of those songs that I might have to force myself to like. So I wasn't too excited about the record. Then it came out and all of a sudden everyone started going crazy for it. All of my friends were saying "you have to listen to this album, it's soooo amazing", so after some peer pressure I listened through the actual album and it wasn't bad but it wasn't great. At times I felt it was a bit boring. I just felt it was so sub-par considering that Jessie actually has a nice voice. Definitely not deserving of all the hype, which I'm sad to say because I think Jessie is an awesome and hilarious person as well as talented - the album just wasn't up to scratch. Here are the tracks that I liked from the album... "110%", "Taking In Water", "No To Love" and "Night Light"...


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment