Music News...

This is a very impromptu "Music News..." post because I wasn't even planning on posting anything else today but the music world has just gone into overdrive and there's no way that I could just sit here and not share my opinion/let you know about it. However, in case you missed all of the new from last week - click here...

YYYs' KAREN O NEW SONG "THE MOON SONG"
Yeah Yeah Yeahs' frontwoman Karen O has released a new song that is to be featured in the new Spike Jonze film "Her". It's different hearing Karen's vocals on such a soft ballad but she holds her own and sounds comfortable even this far out of her comfort zone. I like it! Download the song for FREE on soundcloud here. The film is to be released on the 10th of January.


ARCTIC MONKEYS NEW SONG "STOP THE WORLD I WANNA GET OFF WITH YOU"
Arctic have gone and released a B-Side to their latest single "Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High" - they sure are suckers for the long-winded titles. But this one, like the rest, is a banger. Have a listen to the audio here. I LOVE THIS SONG AND I'M MAD STOKED FOR THIS RECORD.


CHRIS BROWN FEAT. NICKI MINAJ NEW MUSIC VIDEO "LOVE MORE"
Every now and then Chris strikes gold - this is one of those times. I probably wouldn't have liked this song as much if I hadn't listened to it for the first time with the video. To be honest, thinking of it now the song is actually pretty average the video is just really cool. Nicki kills her verse too. This just all-round gets my thumbs up. Check it out here.


TDCC NEW MUSIC VIDEO "CHANGING OF THE SEASONS"
Two Door Cinema Club have a brand new EP coming out soon and this is the lead single for the EP. I don't really like this video much if I'm honest - it does make me think that the success has gotten to their heads a little bit. HOWEVER, I do really like this song - it's a little different while still in keeping with the TDCC sound. Have a listen here.


TIDES ANNOUNCE DEBUT EP "BREATHLESS"
I wrote about TIDES a while ago when they supported Wayward Daughter at their EP Launch in May and since then it would seem that they're doing big things! The EP is available to pre-order here on iTunes and will be officially released on the 9th of September.


MØ NEW SINGLE "XXX 88" FEAT. DIPLO
I've been raving about MØ for a long while now and she's finally starting to get the recognition that she deserves. She debuted this single earlier this week on BBC Radio 1 and I absolutely love it. I'm really excited for her to release her debut album. Have a listen to the single for yourselves here. I am definitely going to overplay this for some time.


M.I.A. NEW SINGLE "COME WALK WITH ME"
M.I.A. has recently threatened her label stating that she would leak her own album ("Matangi") if they held off on releasing it any longer and since then she's gone and released this song. I'm a bit confused by it - it does sounds rather annoying which is odd because I normally love M.I.A.'s material. I'm not entirely sure whether it'll be on the record or not but listen to it here.


UK TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT MANIA
So it would seem that everybody just wants to tour the UK all of a sudden. Just this week I have heard announcements from all of the following artists for UK tours: Foals, BMTH, Skindred, Frank Turner, Don Broco, Mallory Knox, Azealia Banks, Luke Sital-Singh, White Lies, Haim, Bastille, Palma Violets, Peace, Editors and City And Colour. That is absolutely mad! GET YOUR TICKETS NOW!*


PAUL MCCARTNEY NEW SINGLE "NEW"
Macca has released a new song entitled "New" from his upcoming record also entitled "New"... You can't just make this stuff up haha! In case you hadn't already guessed he's planning on releasing new material after touring with The Sound City Players and I really like this track. Have a listen here and get your hands on the "New" album on the 14th of October.


DAUGHTER NEW SINGLE "SMOKE"
Daughter have just released a new song as a B-Side to "Youth" the current single from their debut record "If You Leave". I really really loved this album, and this is another excellent B-Side from them. I do wish that all of their B-sides could've made the album to be honest. But either way, listen to the single "Smoke" here.


YMAS TO PREMIERE NEW SONG MONDAY
After a long break after their huge gig at Wembley Arena last year, YMAS are finally set to release some new material for their fans. There have been whisperings of a new album on the horizon soon and other such things. However, this new song being debuted on BBC Radio 1 on Monday will just have to hold us until then.


PS: *You can pick up gig tickets for all of those artists by clicking on their names above.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment