New Discoveries: The Amazing Snakeheads

Quite a while ago a friend of mine gave me the heads up about this band - The Amazing Snakeheads - and told me to Google them as they had a debut single out. So after scrolling through the Google search results I finally found a podcast page where I could listen to the single - no YouTube, no Vimeo, no Soundcloud - nothing. And to top it off, the podcast wasn't working so I couldn't even hear the song! Talk about an elusive band!

So a couple of weeks later, I was with the same friend and we happened to be near a computer so we tried the podcast again - lo and behold it worked! This song - the entire 1 minute 12 seconds of it - was awesome. And now, it's finally on YouTube! Check it out below...



This band is one of the most elusive bands I have ever been interested in. They still have no songs on their soundcloud page. They only had 5 followers on soundcloud when my friend first told me about them now they have 146. Anyway they've put out a new song that you can listen to here called "Truth Serum". I don't know if I'm fully sold on them yet - I think I'll need to hear a bit more of their material before I decide how much I like them, but until then I'll go to their gig at The Old Blue Last on the 10th of September (which you can buy tickets for here) to see if their live performance can convince me. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment