NEW NOISE

Well, this week has been busy, and we're only half way there. Quite a few new songs have been released over the past couple of days. Have a listen to some of them below and read my initial thoughts on them all...


WE ARE THE IN CROWD - ATTENTION


It's been so long since I've had some new WATIC in my life and I welcome them back whole-heartedly. I'm really feeling this track. Nice to see that they haven't completely changed their sound they've just bettered it. I'm excited for them to release the full length.


THE WEEKND - LIVE FOR (FEAT. DRAKE)


I know that this song is going to be stuck in my head for a while now after listening to it - super catchy! However, I do think that The Weeknd's voice has sounded better and Drake has rapped better but either way, I do like this song.



CAGE THE ELEPHANT - COME A LITTLE CLOSER


I haven't heard too much of Cage The Elephant's music but the few songs that I know are well above average and yet again, this song hasn't disappointed me at all. I really like Matt's voice too - I can already tell that this song is going to make its way swiftly up my "Most Played" list.


JANELLE MONAE - PRIMETIME (FEAT. MIGUEL)


LOVE this! Not at all what I expected it to sound like if I'm honest. I expected to hear a lot more of Miguel too but I'm not complaining - I like this, and I didn't think it was possible but I'm even more excited for this record.


LADY GAGA - APPLAUSE


Well, well, well... Gaga is indeed back. I have quite a love/hate relationship with Lady Gaga. When she first came out with jams like "Just Dance" and "Paparazzi" I was fully on board - team Gaga. Then she released songs like "Judas" and "You And I" and I was swiftly off the bandwagon. Now, it looks like I might just be on board again haha - feeling this track Gaga.


EMINEM - SURVIVAL


Just in time for his headline slot at Reading & Leeds this weekend, Eminem's released this gem for us. I actually quite like this, which surprised me as I haven't really liked any of Eminem's more recent material. I hope the rest of his new music follows suit.


GIGGS - YES YES YES (IS IT GANGSTA?)


Who's talking the hardest? Apparently not Giggs anymore - lyrically this track is pretty darn poor - the chorus itself is abysmal. Don't think that this is one that I'll be listening to much after first listen. I don't think it's a lost cause; it just is a pretty poor song in my opinion. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment