Underrated/Overrated (Part Four)

The fourth part to the "Underrated/Overrated" series and here's what you might have missed from the last part. However, if you've already read it, here's today's couple of records...

UNDERRATED ALBUM

DINOSAUR JR - I Bet On Sky
A close friend of mine played me the song "Watch The Corners" a long while ago from this record and I loved it immediately. I'd heard some of Dinosaur Jr's stuff before (their sound is very, very distinct) but this was the song that really got me interested in finding out more about them. And so, I went and got this album - wise decision. This is a quality rock n' roll album, extremely chill with a bit of a punch every now and again. My favourite tracks from the record are "What Was That", "Stick A Toe In", "Pierce The Morning Rain" and of course, "Watch The Corners"...



OVERRATED ALBUM

This album was absolutely everywhere even before it came out - adverts on TV, billboards, music channels; all that good stuff...   I was flipping through some music channels and I heard them playing "Time For You To Stand Up" and I really liked it! So of course, I picked up the album. Not too impressed if I'm honest. The album does have a few gems on it like "Yes I Was Drunk", "Free" and "Make A Beast Of Myself". However, overall as an album I don't think that it was worth all of the hype that it received and it did get a little boring towards the end. Either way, here's the track that got me interested in the first place...


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment