NEW NOISE

There has been an incredible amount of new releases this weekend - videos and audio. I'm sure that I'm even missing some but here are a few of the stand-outs...

WARPAINT - Love Is To Die
I feel like this song will grow on me in time but I probably won't end up feeling much more about it than I do now. It didn't stun me or anything but there is something pretty mesmerising about the audio. Interested to see what they have to bring to the table for their next full length.



LOOM - Lice
Along with this new song release, they announced a new EP that they'll be releasing on the 2nd of December. I am stoked! This band, despite being somewhat well known are so so hard to come by. No music videos and barely any audio available online. Having this new (and pretty sick) material to listen to should just about keep me happy until December...





CHARLIE BOYER AND THE VOYEURS - Evil Mothers
I actually hadn't heard this song prior to watching the video and I'm kind of glad I didn't, just because the video and the song go so well together. I love the home video type of feel to it, the video does feel a tad summer-y which is nice as it's generally CBATV's vibe...



KINS - Aimless
I actually heard this song a long while ago and actually even wrote about Kins here. This song wasn't my favourite on the self-titled, although I still liked it. I found this video really interesting. I don't have much idea of what was really going on in the video, but whatever it was, was pretty captivating.



LOS CAMPESINOS! - Avocado, Baby
Another song that I heard quite a while ago and I loved it. Glad that they've actually made a video for it and a pretty good one at that. I'll let the video do the talking...



SAVAGES - Marshal Dear
I never would have pegged Savages for the animated video type, but this video is brilliant. The animation fits perfectly with the song's sombre tones whilst still having a powerful effect on the viewer. Savages are just such a fantastic band and they know exactly what they're doing...



PENTATONIX - Evolution Of Beyonce
Not so much a regular music video - Pentatonix are an American acappella group who have recently put out this video as a tribute to Beyonce and it's a medley of a lot of her greatest hits. This video is stellar - note perfect! This must've taken a lot of practise...

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment