BBC Sounds Of 2014/Zane Lowe Hottest Records

Before I begin this post I'd like to just say that Juliette who wrote the gig reviews for The Amazing Snakeheads and also for PINS, has started her own blog over on wordpress. Give it look here, you won't be disappointed.

Now, BBC have chosen 15 new artists that they believe will make a huge impact in the music industry next year. Whether people agree with the names or not will be decided on the 10th of January. In keeping with recognising talent from the past year, Zane Lowe has identified 100 of his "hottest records" from 2013 and the hottest of these will be revealed on the 19th of December. In honour of this I thought I'd quickly run through some of my favourites to win BBC Sound of 2014 and share with you the track I voted for on Zane Lowe's Top 100 list...

SAM SMITH
The voice of an angel - I love this song. Such a silky voice, I really wouldn't be surprised if he won...



Another beautiful voice that has made many an appearance over the past year. Tough contender...



By recommendation from Juliette, this'll be one to watch - quality sound and an image to match...




I've been raving about him all year, and I hate to say I told you so but...




Ever since his collaboration with SBTRKT a couple of years ago I've been keeping an eye out, nice to hear him being recognised...



And now for the record that I voted for on Zane Lowe's 100 hottest records list...

QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE - My God Is The Sun
I must admit that there was a lot of bias behind my choice and I really enjoyed almost every track on this list but this was my final choice...


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment