Music News...

I have been extremely AWOL in one of the busiest musical months that I've seen in a while, but I'm back now and it's time to have a little recap...

CANTERBURY NEW MUSIC VIDEO "THINK IT OVER"
Having just released their latest record Dark Days the boys in Canterbury have put out a new visual for their latest single "Think It Over". I have to say, I was a little bit disappointed with this video. The video is pretty underwhelming compared to some of their older stuff but the single is a huge builder, give it some time - it definitely kicks in. Watch it here.


SAM SMITH NEW MUSIC VIDEO "MONEY ON MY MIND"
Fresh after winning the Brits' Critics Choice Award, the new sound to watch this year, Sam Smith has put out this gem of a single accompanied by this flashy music video here. I'm really interested to see how well Sam does this year and how well his upcoming record does. Brits seem to be taking over the industry.


SAVAGES NEW MUSIC VIDEO "STRIFE"
Inspired by a murder scene in an Albert Camus novel (The Stranger), Savages have kept to the theme of black and white when portraying the latest single from their ferocious debut Silence Yourself. The day that Savages release something that doesn't impress me I'll be incredibly shocked. Click here to be impressed.


TOURS GALORE
A lot of new UK tours have been announced these past few days. The name a few from the likes of Radkey, Wild Beasts, As Elephants Are, Outfit, Royal Blood and many more. Also, I've heard a few murmurings that Prince and Morrissey may both be planning UK tours later this year. The creme of the crop however, has to be the announcement of Outkast's 40 festival worldwide tour. ROLL ON FESTIVAL SEASON!


COACHELLA
Whilst we're on the thread of festivals, I had to mention the huge line up that Coachella has put forward this year naming Arcade Fire, Outkast and Muse as headliners. Of course the festival sold out in a mere 3 hours. Definitely one of my bucket list festivals!


SHAKIRA NEW SONG FEAT. RIHANNA "CAN'T REMEMBER TO FORGET YOU"
Shakira has teamed up for an unexpected duet with Rihanna on this new track that I just know will be stuck in my head for the next month. Although it's not on a level of Beyonce's duet with Shakira it's an enjoyable listen nonetheless. Don't forget to check it out here.


JAMES BLAKE REMIX OF BEYONCÉ'S "DRUNK IN LOVE"
Another song that has absolutely blown up over night is Beyoncé's single "Drunk In Love", since she unexpectedly dropped the self-titled this song and its video have just exploded. Here's James' take on it. Surprisingly not my cup of tea but each to their own. HOWEVER, his new song "40455" is definitely more my speed.



JAGWAR MA COVER “WHY’D YOU ONLY CALL ME WHEN YOU’RE HIGH?”
I love it when bands that I love cover each others' songs - especially when the cover is this cool. Have a listen to it here. I just really like how different it is. A bit of an old school hip hop vibe to it at points. Jagwar Ma are just a very talented group of guys putting huge spin on a good track.


HARD-FI NEW SONG "MOVE OVER"
Takes me back to 2006 jamming to Stars Of CCTV and now here we are getting a taste of Hard-Fi's "best of" record (came out yesterday). Here's a single from the new compilation album. Not as good as some of their older stuff in my opinion but still listenable. The chorus feels a little Miles Kane-ish.


DROWNERS NEW SINGLE "A BUTTON ON YOUR BLOUSE"
A band that I've only recently gotten into and I'm liking this new release they've put out. To be honest, I'm always pleased to hear new music so it always makes me happy when it's something that sounds good too. Check Drowners out here.


Sadly, I can't write about every bit of new music information I've received but I hope that I've covered some of the essentials and if not, here's a quick list of a few others...

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment