Music News...

Now that my deadlines are pretty much behind me, I thought it time I get back to the music world! Well in fact, I've been pretty involved in the music world these past weeks (expect 4 gig reviews and quite a few more things coming your way), but I thought I'd just catch you up on what I've come across these past couple weeks...

TONIGHT ALIVE NEW MUSIC VIDEO "THE EDGE"
It's official, Tonight Alive are my favourite female fronted pop punk band right now by a mile (sorry Paramore). I've been overplaying their more recent album The Other Side a lot more lately and now this single has made me love them even more. I'm also pretty excited for the new Spiderman Movie which this features in - win:win! Watch and listen here.


CITIZEN NEW UNOFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO "THE SUMMER"
A pop punk band that I was introduced to late last year and will hopefully be seeing on their upcoming tour later this year. Citizen have actually really blown up recently, once I was introduced to these guys last year, everyone seemed to know who they were! Either way, I love this song and even though the video is unofficial it's cool - check it out here.


GARDEN HEART LIVE SESSION "CURE"
I actually spoke about Garden Heart after seeing them live at the Wayward Daughter EP launch last year here and have been looking out for their movements ever since. They've posted a few cool covers and some snippets of things coming up, but this is the best thing they've put up so far in my opinion - really brilliant. Click here to listen.


WOLF ALICE NEW SINGLE "MOANING LISA SMILE"
The first thing that made me think I'd like this song was the title. Whilst being witty, Wolf Alice also always put out awesome tunes and I look forward to hearing this as part of their next EP Creature Songs. Another band that I'd love to see on their tour later this year. Have a listen to the track here.


LAYLA NEW SINGLE "SMOKESTACKS"
SPOILER ALERT: One of the gig reviews coming up this week is for Bipolar Sunshine. Layla actually supported this gig in Birmingham and being my first ever impression of her, she really caught my attention! I'm absolutely loving this new single of her's which she performed - here.


FESTIVAL MADNESS
I've always known that there are a lot of festivals that happen in England but I have severely underestimated just how many. Moving to Birmingham has definitely opened my eyes to a lot more in the music industry. T in the Park have just announced some acts for their weekend and of course Glastonbury. However, here are some smaller Brummy and London festivals to look out for this summer: Birmingham & Beyond, MADE, Revitalised and One Beat Weekender.


JAMIE XX NEW SINGLE "SLEEP SOUND"
Just in time for the Glasto line-up announcement which he features on. I'm sure that every festival goer that will get to see him, is excited to hear this live. I could never really decide whether I liked Jamie xx's solo material or his remixes more, but this song might just tip the scale.


DRAKE'S REPLY TO JAY Z IN "DRAFT DAY"
Now I haven't really been paying too much attention to this whole rap industry beef between what seems to be the whole world and Drake but apparently Jay Z has said something offensive about Drake in a rap and so this is his response to that. If you are following this whole drama here is the reply. If you aren't following it, here's an enjoyable rap song sampling Lauryn Hill.


Check out the music news that you might have missed a few weeks ago here. This obviously isn't everything that has happened over the past couple of weeks so do keep an eye out for whatever else may pop out. Whilst you're supporting music - feel free to follow and support this Rock spotify playlist for a UK-wide university society competition, here.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment