Song Of The Day

This song has taken over my life this past week. I'd heard it a while ago when I listened to the whole album but it wasn't until recently when I listened to the album again in full (WITH GOOD EARPHONES - essential) and heard the song/album for what it truly was... and that is absolutely genius! Here you go...

JANELLE MONAE - Givin' 'Em What They Love (feat. Prince)

 


The song starts off super groovy, just the kind of finger-snapping intro that you'd expect a Neo-Soul album to begin with. Then it just descends into such funkiness, I can't even explain! The song isn't even 5 minutes long, yet it expands so much, adding strings, harmonies, funkier bass parts and gorgeous vocals - I definitely can't see it being something easy to replicate live. Prince of course brings brilliant guitar and vocals to the song and lifts it up that much more. I just really love this song and this album - it's so hard not to start dancing when I hear it. A warning though, since getting into it, I haven't gone a day without listening to or singing it, I've dreamt about it and even woken up singing it - it's that catchy!

PS: If possible listen to this song with good headphones or good speakers. It makes such a difference.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment