HEY JUNE!

Midway through June now and we've already missed a few potentially great albums but I'll go through them as well as letting you know what's lined up for the second half of the month...

ONES WE'VE MISSED




KLAXONS – LOVE FREQUENCY 
YES! I am ready for this album. I haven’t actually heard an entire album from them since Surfing The Void and I wasn’t even able to catch them on their recent tour so this new album is going to have to make up for it. 







THE ORWELLS – DISGRACELEND
I feel like The Orwells can grow a lot more as a band and that’s what excites me so much about them. I know that this album will be impressive but I feel like their albums to come will have more to give.








50 CENT – ANIMAL AMBITION
It’s been a long while since I heard anything from 50 Cent. I’m not entirely sure whether that’s a good or a bad thing. Every time he brings out a new album, there are a few bangers and then a few questionable tracks. I’m interested to listen through it in full.





 


JACK WHITE – LAZARETTO
Anything associated with The White Stripes has to be good right? I feel like I will definitely enjoy the album when I get my hands on it but I’m not entirely sure if it’ll be a classic. Oh well, only one way to find out!








LUST FOR YOUTH – INTERNATIONAL
Found out about this band on Soundcloud last year and had a listen to their song “Vibrant Brother”. I didn’t think so much of it when I first heard it but maybe I’ll appreciate them more with a full album to listen to.






ONES TO LOOK FORWARD TO



CEREBRAL BALLZY – JADED & FADED
I’ve been intrigued by this band since their tour with The Amazing Snakeheads last year but I haven’t actually gotten round to listening to them yet. Now that time has come. The album drops on the 16th of June, and I am ready. 





 

JENNIFER LOPEZ – A.K.A.
J. Lo is a musical enigma – she has been around for about 20 years and has reinvented herself multiple times. Now, here we are and she’s putting out another record, that I’m sure will be full of bangers. Definitely going to have a listen on the 16th of June.





 

LANA DEL REY – ULTRAVIOLENCE
I listened to her debut album Born To Die countless times. As a complete body of work, it was brilliant! Now I’ve got this new album to look forward to and just in time to prepare for her beautiful live set at Glastonbury this year. The record comes out on the 16th of June.






ED SHEERAN – X
He really disappointed me with his debut record +. It just sounded like one really long song, so safe to say, I’m not excited for this new album. However, I believe in second chances – hopefully this new album can redeem him on the 23rd of June.






 


MASTODON – ONCE MORE ‘ROUND THE SUN
I must admit I haven’t heard much from Mastodon but some songs from their The Hunter album really impressed me, specifically “Curl Of TheBurl” and I’m hoping for more of the same with this new record on the 23rd of June.






Check out some of the awesome albums your ears might have missed last month in May here.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment