Albums Out Next Week...

As we're about to head into June, full summer territory, it's probably time we all picked up some fresh, new summer albums and updated our iTunes. Here are some of the records that you can look forward to over the next seven days...




JAMIE XX - IN COLOUR
Every single track that I've heard from this album so far has impressed me, and I have no doubt that the rest of the album will follow suit. To be honest, the album has been streaming online in full since the 26th but I didn't want to ruin that first listen experience on the actual release date (the 1st of June). This is the perfect album to have just in time for summer!








SLAVES - ARE YOU SATISFIED?
I feel like this album should already be out. This band is really making moves right now. Their music is both enjoyable and thought provoking and just overall a great time. This is definitely an album that I'm going to have to see live! These punks from Kent are giving me all of the right energy with their latest singles, so I look forward to listening to the full product out on the 1st of June.






FLORENCE + THE MACHINE - HOW BIG, HOW BLUE, HOW BEAUTIFUL
It feels like I have been waiting for this album since birth. Everything that Florence puts out just seems to touch me. Each single I've heard from this upcoming record has been different but equally as captivating and invigorating - I just need this album in my life, the wait has been too long! Start your month off on the right note on the 1st of June.



 

MAJOR LAZER - PEACE IS THE MISSION
Here's another record that will rack up the plays during summer. Major Lazer will have us all covered for tunes to party to over the next few months and if this record is anywhere near as good as his last, it'll be an essential to get your hands on and to be honest, you're probably going to want to see this live. If you don't already know, get to know on the 1st of June.







GIRLPOOL - BEFORE THE WORLD WAS BIG
This band has really been picking up steam this year and what a great time to because now they're putting out their debut album.  I really like their acoustic, harmonic sound - I'm really expecting this album to sound like a film soundtrack. Definitely one for those long summer commutes. Even though it's been done before, they have a really refreshing sound. Check out their debut on the 1st of June.







FOUR YEAR STRONG - FOUR YEAR STRONG
Hooray for pop punk!! I've liked Four Year Strong's material for quite a while but I've never actually gotten round to listening to an entire album of theirs in full so it will be a first for me on the 2nd of June. Pure Noise Records always manage to put out gold so I just hope that this time round will be no different.







SOAK - BEFORE WE FORGOT HOW TO DREAM
Here is another new name that I can't seem to escape from. I recently listened to a cover that SOAK did of St. Vincent's "Digital Witness". Now as much as I respect and appreciate St. Vincent, I really don't like that song all too much so I obviously wasn't really feeling this cover. But I'm leaving it to this debut record out on the 2nd of June  to skew my views on SOAK. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment