Music News...

It's safe to say that I've missed a few things since working in Australia so now that I have Cup Day off, I thought it'd be the perfect time to catch up on a few things...


NARCS NEW SINGLE "BLUE BAGS"
It's been a while since I heard anything from the Leeds boys but I'm glad to have them back - now all that's left is a debut album! Until then, I'll jam to this new tune here. It feels like every time I hear something new from NARCS it sounds completely different from the last. This wasn't at all what I'd expected when I saw that they released a new track and sadly I don't think it's better than what I'd imagined. Nonetheless, I'll keep listening out for something I love.


DJ SNAKE NEW SINGLE "MIDDLE (FEAT. BIPOLAR SUNSHINE)"
DJ Snake is really chucking out radio bangers left, right and centre. In most places around the world, summer's coming to an end and this is a perfect song for that end of summer/beginning of autumn feeling. It's been a long while since I heard anything from Bipolar Sunshine too so it's interesting to have him back in a featuring role. Sampha might have suited this feature better but still a strong track here.


JAKE ISAAC NEW MUSIC VIDEO "HOME"
If I'm honest, I haven't really been following Jake Isaac intently this year but thank God I caught this track. What an absolute banger! I must say, Jake Isaac might be a little bit underrated. I don't hear his name uttered enough. Good track here - I'd say that it's time for me to start doing some research.


THE INTERNET NEW MUSIC VIDEO "GET AWAY"
I've been actively listening to The Internet's latest record since it was released in June earlier this year. This isn't even the best song on the record in my opinion and it's still made it's way to my top played list. Great album opener and although this video is more short than sweet, I still feel as great watching it as I do listening to the song. Check out the video here.


THE STONE ROSES ANNOUNCE 2016 TOUR DATES
After rumors year after year of Oasis reforming we have another old school juggernaut coming together for a couple of UK shows next year. Tickets to see The Stone Roses go on sale on the 6th of November and I can guarantee that these are going to fly. Grab one if you can because these going to be shows to remember!


KINS NEW SINGLE "MOST DEFINITELY"
Another band that I'm really waiting for a debut album from. Although, I am worried that as with Kins' EP, it'll get a little hard to listen to all the way through. Either way, it's the songs that make the record and this song is great. Kins have really come into their own now and the production on this song is awesome.


MØ NEW SINGLE "KAMIKAZE"
MØ seems to love a good Diplo collaboration. After their jam "XXX 88" in 2013, it's nice to hear them come together again, this time for something a little more different. I personally prefer "XXX 88" but I can see this track here being played heaps in the summer or just whenever the sun's out. I just love that MØ's finally getting the hype I said she deserved.


TONIGHT ALIVE NEW MUSIC VIDEO "HUMAN INTERACTION"
It's no secret how much I love Tonight Alive, so when I heard that they were releasing a new single you can say that I was a little bit excited. After two albums I thought I would've had TA somewhat pegged by now but this single actually caught me a little off guard. No doubt that this is a bit different from what they've done in the past, but I love it!! This track has been stuck in my head since I heard it and Jenna's vocals sound as strong as ever. Super stoked for the new record out on the 4th of March.


DRONES NEW SINGLE "FROM BIRTH TO GRAVE"
I heard about Drones on Punktastic a while back but haven't really been following them since then. When I saw this tweet about a new music video from them I thought I might as well check it out. Good choice. I love stumbling on a good track. I feel like they've still got some honing to do but they're solid. Have a listen to the pop punk tune here.


FOALS COVER FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE'S "WHAT KIND OF MAN"
The first thing I thought of when I saw that Foals were covering this track was "What Went Down". I think I was a bit too excited, because when they started off I was brought back down to earth. I didn't like the synths in the beginning, sounding very CHVRCHES-esque. However, when the guitars came in it picked up, and again when they mashed it up with "What Went Down". In the end though, it just wasn't enough for me - I think I just wanted more from that cover. Have a listen here.


KITE BASE NEW SINGLE "MIRACLE WAVES"
So... Savages' AyÅŸe Hassan and Blindness' Kendra Frost have formed a band. If you're not already as stoked as I was when I heard this, you probably need to go listen to both bands. After, you've done that and we're on the same page, have a listen here to what it sounds like when super talented bassists come together. Kite Base, my interest is piqued.


SAM SMITH NEW SINGLE "DROWNING SHADOWS"
Apparently this is Sam's "saddest song ever". All I could think during the first couple of minutes is how much it sounded like an old Whitney song that I couldn't quite put my finger on. It's going to grate on me until I figure out that track it sounds like but aside from that very good track. Although I agree that it's more of a bonus track than one for the main album; I'll definitely be listening to this one a few more times.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment