VIDEO PREMIERE: Kerala

For those of you who have been reading for a while, you might have noticed that I haven't posted much this year. At first it was because I spent the past year interning and traveling and so couldn't dedicate a good amount of time to it. However, I've been back now for over a month and have just been waiting for inspiration to strike. Writing and rewriting drafts, deleting, questioning, drafting some more. The only thing that I really kept going was the blog's Instagram page. But finally, after some much needed music talk with some friends - Bonobo came to the rescue with this gem he released on Thursday.

BONOBO - Kerala




I spent the longest time listening to Bonobo's last album The North Borders - I listened to that thing back to front, beginning to end, any way around and it sounded just as good as the first time. I get the exact same feeling from this new song. It actually sounds like it could've fit well on The North Borders except there is a bit of a more evolved feel to it. I love the vocals and I LOOOVE this video. Never seen a visual like this before, which surprises me because it's so simple (and effective)! The visual at the end with the people in the car park standing and looking up at the main lady was pretty jarring but left a lasting effect. That's all you really want from a video - to leave a lasting impression on you. Definitely looking forward to the new album - Migration - dropping on the 13th of January and the world tour to follow that! 

 PS: I can't say that I'll jump back in with writing as consistently as before but I'm definitely building up to it. Keep your eyes peeled!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment