On The Sixth Day Of Christmas...

Coming in hot with Architects masterpiece All Our Gods Have Abandoned Us. This band really can do no wrong. Ever since hearing their song "Day In Day Out" in like 2010 on Kerrang, everything I've heard from them hasn't managed to disappoint me yet.

Devastatingly, I write about this album as the last one that Tom Searle will feature on as he passed earlier this year. I genuinely believe that Architects would not be close to the band that they are today without him - as a founding member and phenomenal guitarist, it's a huge loss for the boys but of course they continue to honour him through the music and in life. In terms of his work on the album - would you just listen to those instrumentals?! Architects have mastered the art of making songs sound humungous both on record and on stage. Just listening to the first 30 seconds on the album should vouch for that.

After seeing them at Rock Im Park earlier this year I can comfortably place them in my top 10 favourite bands around right now. Their energy is almost unmatched. Also, one thing that's always blown me away about them as a metal/hardcore/post-hardcore band is their amazing lyricism. Anyone that I've shown their lyrics to has been impressed regardless of whether they like metal or not. In fact, one of my favourite lyrical performances on the album is actually in their first song "Nihilist", so cleverly put together it just astounds me. Another couple of favourites on the album for me are "Gone With The Wind" and "Gravity"

I don't know if they'll be putting out another album after but if they do, I definitely expect big things. They set the bar higher with every new record they drop. And even if they don't put out something new, they've left off on a hell of a note.

 

See what album lost out on the sixth spot yesterday, here.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment