VIDEO PREMIERE: Automaton

Finally! I feel like I've waited forever for Jamiroquai to make a fully fledged comeback, and obviously expected so much from the funk-master himself. Although, I'm not sure that this latest single lives up to the hype that I put on it beforehand...


 

Still sticking with his futuristic funky vibe there are definitely a few noteworthy moments, but as a whole on first listen I just thought it sounded confused more than anything. After listening to it a few times since then I appreciate it a lot more - the production is amazing and the instrumental is very memorable. However, I think the high point for me right now is the video. This video is amazing - the visuals are mesmerising and the story revelation at the end (giving up his old helmet for his new futuristic one) really made me smile on first watch. I would've expected nothing less from Jamiroquai on this and he definitely delivered. As this is the title track for his new record, I'm interested to see what comes next when the album lands on the 31st of March. All in all, I'm not over the moon with "Automaton" but I definitely think I could enjoy the album in full. He'll be touring the UK in April so if his album can't convince me, then a live show is my last resort. I'm still expecting big things!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment