Throwback Thursday: The Story So Far

After the release of The Story So Far's latest single "Out Of It" I couldn't help but think about their debut record Under Soil And Dirt and just how much I used to listen to it. I listened back through it again earlier today and the song that brought back the most memories for me has to be...



If you played me this song 20 years from now after not listening to it; I think I'd still be able to quote the entire intro word for word. Absolute classic. As a whole, I can't really recall loving a pop punk record as much as this since. Sure there've been some awesome records around, but as well as this being an awesome record, it resonated with me so much at the time and the fact that it was a debut made it all the more impressive. Especially considering pop punk bands today are still trying to achieve this 2 or 3 albums down the line. Beginning to end, Parker's lyricism stays memorable, honest, and witty; accompanied by some killer riffs. Safe to say, this album pushed TSSF firmly into the list of my favourite bands when it was released. It was a pleasure getting lost in some nostalgia with this one again.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment