Albums Out Next Week...

There were a bunch of awesome releases last week, which you can check out here. This week there are actually more releases, however, they probably aren't collectively as awesome but there are still a few gems to have a listen to. Have a look at what's in store this week...

 
KWES - ILP
After seeing Kwes provide fantastic support for SBTRKT last year I immediately decided that I'd do some research on him. At the time he didn't have any full length albums out; only some EPs. I've listened to and loved his Meantime EP and so now I'm excited to finally hear a full length record from him. That comes out today and is already available on Spotify.






PEARL JAM - LIGHTNING BOLT
Any hard rock/grunge lovers are bound to be excited by the release of this record. The singles leading up to this - "Mind Your Manners" and "Sirens" - have been pretty good. I don't think that this will be an album that I rinse too much once I listen to it but it could definitely be one that I enjoy from time to time. I'll have to check it out later today.





RADKEY - DEVIL FRUIT EP
I actually read an article about Radkey a while ago and listened to an interview with them about their single "N.I.G.G.A (Not Okay)" - they interested me so I checked them out. I loved their EP Cat And Mouse and recently found out that they're releasing this new EP and it comes out today! Psyched to have a listen. It's also, already available on Spotify.





PAUL MCCARTNEY - NEW
The very original and thoughtful title doesn't give much away about the album. The single from the album, also entitled "New" was quite average in my opinion. I did really like it at first but after a while I became bored with it. I have the utmost respect and admiration for Macca but I'm just not sure how much I'm going to enjoy this new record. It officially hits the shelves today.






THE DISMEMBERMENT PLAN - UNCANNEY VALLEY
Another band I stumbled upon on social media. I liked what I read about them and decided to have a listen to some of their material. The first song of theirs that I heard was "The City" - it's not my favourite song that I've listened to this year but was not bad at all. I'm a little interested to see how I feel after listening to this album today.





GIGGS - WHEN WILL IT STOP
As an answer to the tittle, I'd hoped that it would have stopped in 2010 after his hit "Look What The Cat Dragged In". However, he's apparently still going. His most recent single "(Is It Gangsta?) Yes Yes Yes" was pretty abysmal. In all honesty I don't even think that I'll listen to the whole album through but will definitely have to take a gander later today.






FALL OUT BOY - PAX-AM DAYS
An unofficial release but a release nonetheless. Fall Out Boy recorded this album as a project after their release Save Rock And Roll earlier this year. I have to say, I wasn't too impressed with Save Rock And Roll  but I am still somehow a little excited to hear what this project sounds like. I suppose that I'll find out on the 15th of October.






KATY PERRY - PRISM
After her unimpressive but sadly somewhat catchy new single "Roar", Katy Perry's ready to release another pop jam filled record. Every now and again Katy Perry comes out with an absolute banger like "E.T." or "The Part Of Me" but she has had a few stinkers. I'm interested to see what kind of song type dominates this record on the 18th of October.


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment