Albums Out Next Week...

Sadly, not many albums came out last week and one of last week's releases was questionable (you can check those out just here). However, this week has majorly stepped it up - loads of new releases to look forward to this week, so keep your eyes peeled and your ears open for these gems...


SAVE YOUR BREATH - THERE USED TO BE A PLACE FOR US
I've heard a few of SYB's songs over the past couple of years and I've always liked their material but never fully been sold by them. However, their more recent songs like "Lessons" are really growing on me a lot more than their older songs like "Touchpaper". Nice to have a band that get's better after their first, rather than peaking at their debut. Excited to have a listen later today.




ISLET - RELEASED BY THE MOVEMENT
I'd never heard of Islet until earlier this year and was reading up on them somewhere and they sounded good so I thought I'd do some research. The first song of theirs that I listened to was "Triangulation Station". I have to say, it didn't impress me too much, but I had a listen to their song "Carlos" afterwards and that was definitely the better of the two in my opinion. I'll be very interested to see what this Psychedelic Pop band from Wales have to bring to the table today.




ONLY REAL - DAYS IN THE CITY EP
Another artist that I've only recently cottoned onto and I'm so glad that I have. I streamed this EP on his soundcloud a few days ago and I know it's one I'll be coming back to quite often. He sounds sort of like a mixture of Jamie T's vocals and Surfer/Rock/Indie instrumentals - may not have been the most eliquent way to describe him, but I'll let the EP speak for itself as it hits shelves today.






CAGE THE ELEPHANT - MELOPHOBIA
I'm really quite excited for this record. I had a listen to their single from this album "Come A Little Closer" a few months ago and loved it. It's not often that I listen to a lot of Cage The Elephant but I think that this record may warrant a change in that respect, for both myself and others who go out and grab the album when it comes out on the 8th of October.






WOLF ALICE - BLUSH
Merely an EP but probably the thing that I'm most excited to have a listen to this week. Wolf Alice are most certainly not a band to underestimate. After seeing these guys live this summer, my respect for them has grown tenfold - if you think they sound good on record, get yourself down to a live show of theirs and prepare to be blown away. I listened to "She" from this EP a few months ago, it still stands as one of my favourite songs of the year. Grab this on the 8th of October.




DON BROCO - YOU WANNA KNOW EP
Another EP, however I have to say that I'm a lot less excited for this one. Don't get me wrong, I love Don Broco and "You Wanna Know" is an absolute banger, but I'd hoped that there would be more new tracks on the EP to go with it. The EP comprises of a couple of acoustic tracks, some mixes and the single "You Wanna Know". Nothing wrong with that but also, nothing quite so special about it either. Feel free to get your hands on the EP on the 13th of October.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment