New Discoveries: Youth Man

A couple of nights ago, I went to see PINS perform at The Bulls Head in Birmingham. You can read a gig review for PINS out last week, written by Juliette here. Anyway, PINS were absolutely fantastic; when speaking to the band afterwards they said that it was probably the best and most energetic show that they'd played on this tour to date. And supporting them (in at the last minute) was the amazing - Youth Man.

I am so grateful that I was able to catch this band live because they were electric. Right from the first song I heard, I knew that I was going to like them. Lead singer and guitarist Kaila Whyte was absolutely ferocious, petite as she was, throwing herself and her guitar all about the place. For a three-piece, this band really filled the entire room and I'm sure managed to get everybody's attention.

Unfortunately, they don't actually have much music available online but this is going to change very soon. Youth Man are set to release a new EP entitled Bad Weather on the 17th of November which I am extremely excited to get my hands on. Until then, I will just have to be content with the single "Heavy Rain" available on their bandcamp, soundcloud and even on YouTube...

 

These guys are not ones that you're going to want to overlook. If you live in or around Birmingham, grab your ticket to see them live on the 23rd of November at The Sunflower Lounge here. I'd suggest keeping an eye on this band...

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment