Music News...

Here's a recap of some music moments that have happened this past month now that it's coming to an end. I'm sure that May will have many more moments to offer us but until then...

PHARRELL WILLIAMS NEW MUSIC VIDEO "MARILYN MONROE"
Pharrell has the habit of grabbing people's attention and especially with his latest album GIRL. So when I heard that he'd released another single from it, with a video - I knew it'd be an instant sensation. Over 8 million views in 5 days...? I think I was right. Have a watch here. WARNING: That ridiculous hat makes several appearances.


ROYAL BLOOD NEW MUSIC VIDEO "COME ON OVER"
Now I know that this song was available quite a long while ago but they have just released a new music video for it and as always with Royal Blood, it's electric. Check it out here. Royal Blood have also been super busy this month, playing on Jools Holland here and releasing a video of what they got up to in March here.


LINKIN PARK BUILD UP TO "THE HUNTING PARTY" ALBUM
Over the past couple of weeks, Linkin Park have released a few snippets about their upcoming album The Hunting Party. I've heard them mention that it's supposed to be going back to their heavier (Hybrid Theory/Meteora) roots - thank God - and so I'm excited. Here is the album trailer, here is the tracklisting for it and here is the first single from it "Guilty All The Same (feat. Rakim)". Check out their Faceboook event page for more updates. Time to get excited!


AS ELEPHANTS ARE NEW SINGLE "WENT WRONG"
As Elephants Are are actually in the middle of releasing a new EP - Hand Prints - and so have been premiering new songs from the EP via souncloud for the past few weeks. This is the latest song that they have revealed to the public and it is quality! Have a listen here.


BEN DEAR NEW SINGLE "NOW IS THE TIME"
The Acoustic Shack has been helping worship songwriters put out their music for quite a while now and also making new worship music available to the public. Ben Dear's song is the latest thing that they had on their page - here - great song.


READING AND LEEDS ANNOUNCE 52 MORE ACTS
Just when I thought that the line up couldn't get any better - they went and announced over 50 new acts, most of which, have got me ludicrously excited! To name a few names - The Story So Far, Tonight Alive, Brody Dalle, Mallory Knox and so many more! See the current line-up here. With line-ups like these, all I can say is this will be an immense summer!


BEYONCE NEW MUSIC VIDEO "PRETTY HURTS"
Well technically it's not new as it came with the actual hardcopy of the album BUT it's new to the public and it is absolutely stunning. This was my favourite song on the self-titled. I will never forget the first time I heard it, it definitely struck a chord with me the first time and hearing it again accompanied by this video... all the same feelings are coming back. One of Beyoncé's best in my opinion. Watch and listen here.


LAYLA NEW MUSIC VIDEO "BLACK MUD"
Layla has released the video to the title track for her new EP just in time for the release yesterday. The video is really interesting, and if I'm honest, I'm completely shocked that not more people know about her. Brilliant songwriter and brilliant vocalist. I would definitely suggest getting your hands on her EP here and maybe pass it on to a friend after! Excluding that, here's the video - share this with your friends too!


RUMOUR HAS IT...
There have been a lot of rumours spreading around the interwebs recently - an Oasis reunion, a Pharrell and Missy Elliott collaboration and rumours of Metallica being the last headliner at this year's Glastonbury. I suppose we'll have to wait until next month to find out?!


PS: Catch up on stuff you may have missed earlier this month here.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment