NEW NOISE

There have been so many new singles dropped these past couple of weeks. I have been a little AWOL as I was caught up in the huge Foo Fighters secret UK set drama. I've already mentioned some new songs in other posts or on the blog's Twitter account here but for those that might not have had a mention yet, here...

LOWER THAN ATLANTIS - Emily
So it's reached that point with LTA now. The point where you've had enough of the singles - JUST GIVE US THE ALBUM ALREADY! As it stands, in my opinion, none of the singles that they've released since "Here We Go" have been as good yet, but I just know that when they come together as an album I'll love it. So, after this alright and catchy single, the next thing I want to hear is the full record.



JAMIE T - 40/40 ICU
Jamie T may have changed his style a little but he still has the same Jamie T sound. Between this single and "Zombie", I know that his album out this month will leave a big impression on 2014. Looking forward to his tour in November!


THE NIGHT VI - Drops (Jungle Cover)
Ever since writing about them as a new discovery here I've been liking them more and more. Now the fact that they've covered a Jungle song has just added to that. Great cover too - a little London Grammar-ish. Looking forward to an album by them.




SPRING OFFENSIVE - Cut The Root
Another band that I've continued to like since their new discovery post here. This isn't their best song in my opinion but it's still great. I would love to see them live. They would really put on a good show. I also would really like to hear this properly recorded.



PRINZE GEORGE - Don't Speak To Me
I feel like Prinze George are a little hit and miss from time to time so I wasn't entirely sure what I was going to get from this song, but I actually really like it. Super laid back vibe and I love the vocals on it too. Yet again, new discoveries here, there and everywhere.



KELE OKEREKE - Doubt
YAY! I wasn't actually sure if Bloc Party would be putting out any new music again and so when I found out that Kele was going to drop a solo album, I was excited to say the least. This song has affirmed my excitement. Not anything like Bloc Party, but still great.


MARY J. BLIGE - Right Now (prod by. Disclosure)
We've already seen what Disclosure can do when on a team with Mary J. Blige so now they're back at it again giving us more club bangers before Mary releases her upcoming record (actually recorded entirely in the UK) The London Sessions.



FALL OUT BOY - Centuries
Okay so I was really disappointed by their last album here, but I don't think it was bad enough for me to lose respect for them as a band. Although, I am a little skeptical about what's next to come. I actually quite like the sound of this song though, so right now, any future album that they release could really go either way for me...


TINY MOVING PARTS - Always Focused
After discovering them on soundcloud I was super anxious to hear an album by them just so I could have more than one track to distinguish the sound of the band and now they have Pleasant Living. They sound a little Blink 182, I'm still not 100% sure about them. A bit of an odd video/song but I actually like it.



MALLORY KNOX - Shout At The Moon
This should be a standout album in October for sure.  All of the singles they've released from it to date have been great, and as a whole body of work, I can only imagine great things. Right now it seems a little more tame than Signals but I'll have to see next month...



SBTRKT - Higher (feat. Raury)
Another huge album, out later this month. It sounds like it's going to have so many different levels and elements too it. As with any album, each feature artist should bring something new to the table but not only that, SBTRKT has brought something new to the table for each artist. I am stoked.


KWABS - Walk
SO MANY UPCOMING ARTISTS!I did used to get Kwabs confused with Kwes quite a bit but now that Kwabs has really managed to distinguish himself as a new different artist and it's nice to see him grow into his own.



JULIAN CASABLANCAS + THE VOIDZ - Where No Eagles Fly
I still am rooting for new Strokes music always but until that day comes, a little Julian Casablancas can never go amiss. I love this video, the song is a bit flat at times but it's not bad. As my first actual sample of Julian + The Voidz, I'd give it a 6/10.


CALVIN HARRIS - Blame (feat. John Newman)
One of the most consistent pop producers out there right now! He came up with David Guetta pretty much and as much as I love to hate Guetta, he is great at what he does but so is Calvin! Liked his last album and I really like this track...

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment