SEPTEMBER SOUNDS

September is always a huge month for album releases and this September is particularly exciting for me - bangers left, right and centre! So let's get into it quickly...



PULLED APART BY HORSES - BLOOD
After hearing their song "Hot Squash" from this record played on the radio, I was immediately interested in them as a band. I'm going to try and pick up their older albums - Pulled Apart By Horses and Tough Love when I get this album (out on the 1st of September) as some more background research. I have a feeling that I'll actually end up really liking these guys.






INTERPOL - EL PINTOR
I only got into this band properly earlier this year but it feels like great timing because this upcoming record is set to be a corker. Each of their older albums is consistently solid and they have a few standout tracks too. All that's left to say is roll on the 8th of September.





KAREN O - CRUSH SONGS
I've heard all of the singles from this album so far and if I'm honest, none of them have really excited me in any way. However, this may be more of an album that you have to enjoy from beginning to end and it has such an ambient feel about it. I will definitely have a listen on the 9th of September but as much as I love Karen O and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, I'm not sure about this one.




SLASH - WORLD ON FIRE
I haven't heard much of Slash's solo material at all. Literally the only thing I think I've listened to by him is "Paradise City (feat. Fergie & Cypress Hill)" but in fairness, I did completely overplay it when I heard it. There's bound to be a few more awesome collaborations on this new record and I'm sure that Slash's guitar wielding will be as majestic as ever. Grab a copy on the 15th of September.




ALT-J - THIS IS ALL YOURS
FINALLY! So I chose their debut album An Awesome Wave as my album of the year in 2012 here and now they have a follow up that I think will be even better in some ways. Despite the loss of their bassist, this hasn't phased them one bit. All of their singles leading up to it have been fantastic, the 22nd of September will be an awesome day.




SBTRKT - WONDER WHERE WE LAND
Another sophomore album out on the 22nd of September and again after an absolutely spectacular debut! However, this album seems to have gone in a bit of a different direction to the debut. From the singles, it sounds like it will be more House than Electronic. No complaints here though, I still think this'll be one to add to my collection.






LOWER THAN ATLANTIS - LOWER THAN ATLANTIS
YES! YES YES YES! It feels like I've been waiting for this album for ages. LTA have never let me down when it comes to releasing albums and even though this is their fifth release, I feel like it'll still be strong and end up being one that I listen to for a long time to come. As a band they are great songwriters so I'm expecting good music in all areas on this one. Look out for it in stores on the 29th of September.



MARMOZETS - THE WEIRD AND WONDERFUL MARMOZETS
I'm so glad that this is their debut album and I haven't missed too much of their career because these guys as a band are a musical juggernaut. Lead singer, Becca, is crazy in all the best ways - this album is going to hit all of the right notes and I'm going to be bopping my head to their latest single "Born Young And Free" until the 29th of September.





JAMIE T - CARRY ON THE GRUDGE 
Another album that I know I've waiting for for years. After his last album Kings & Queens Jamie T literally dropped off the face of the earth. I thought he might never come back with something new. Thank God I was wrong. His latest single "Zombie" told me that he's back in full force. I'm excited to see him in November after this album drops on the 29th of September.





THE GROWLERS - CHINESE FOUNTAIN
I genuinely thought that The Growlers were a really new band and that this was about to be their debut album. I was mistaken. This is actually their third album! I've only properly listened to their song "One Million Lovers" but I liked it. Hopefully I'll like this full record on the 29th of September.





HUDSON MOHAWKE - CHIMES EP
I really got into Hudson Mohawke after "Cbat" on the Satin Panthers EP so I hope this EP offers some interesting jams like that. He's done some production work on a lot of awesome hip hop songs recently like "Blood On The Leaves", "Mercy" and "I Am A God" so I can't doubt his skills. Will be listening for influences on this new EP of his on the 29th of September.




THE HISTORY OF APPLE PIE - FEEL SOMETHING 
So basically, the 29th of September is a fantastic day for album releases. Good thing too because now you know how you'll be spending your money after payday. After their last album Out Of View I am actually excited for a new one. I say "actually" because I don't think I was pulled in at all by their last album, but I'm waiting for this one to pick up where the last fell down.





GERARD WAY - HESITANT ALIEN
After hearing part of his set at Reading I just feel like this will sound like a new My Chemical Romance album. This is a either a good or a bad thing for some people. I was never really that into MCR but I never hated them. If I'm honest though, I doubt I'll get round to listening to this record beginning to end on the 30th of September.






STEVE AOKI - NEON FUTURE
If I'm honest the only song that I really know by Steve Aoki is "Boneless" and I'm sure it's one of those things where I know more than I think, I just need to hear it. Either way, after watching a bunch of his live videos of him "cake-ing" fans he seems like a pretty cool guy. Let just see if his album on the 30th of September is the same.





PRINCE - ART OFFICIAL AGE
The man who never sleeps and never seems to stop writing or collaborating or performing is dropping not one but TWO ALBUMS on the same day! What an absolute legend. I don't even know which one I'm looking forward to more! Both will be immense. The 30th of September will be a good day. Especially looking forward to his Lianne La Havas collaboration on here.





PRINCE & 3RDEYEGIRL - PLECTRUMELECTRUM
So after seeing him perform live with 3RDEYEGIRL here I know that this album will be (if anything) instrumentally fabulous. Having four ridiculously fabulous musicians come together on one record and one of them being Prince - expect it to be groovy. I am ready to be shaking my hips for the entirety of the 30th of September and probably the rest of October too.





So that isn't even everything this month! Expect albums from The Vaselines, Jeremih, Christopher Owens, The Drums, Gnarwolves, BANKS, Death From Above 1979, Goat, The Game, Meek Mill and Esben And The Witch. I'm sure there are even a few more too! Check out what albums you might have missed last month here.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment