VIDEO PREMIERE: Hard Times

Paramore are back with some new musical magic for our ears in the form of 80s inspired electronic rock and I'm absolutely here for it, but we'll get to that. Check out the new video first...




I'll try and keep this short because I could go on about this for a while. I wasn't entirely sure what to expect from "Hard Times" as the first single from the new record After Laughter (out on the 12th of May). With Zac's return I did expect a bit of influence from his current project HalfNoise. However I'd be lying if I didn't say that a large part of me was hoping that they'd return to their earlier, angsty rock sound, but I wasn't surprised or disappointed when I heard something similar to their poppier self-titled sound. The new visual is a blessing on the eyes - it was beautiful to see Zac behind that kit for the first time in a long time and once again Hayley's vocals are without fault, unmistakable and a very welcomed sound after four years since their last release. All in all, the song is well written and super catchy, it just missed that je ne sais quoi for me. If it's anything to go by, I don't think that this record will top Brand New Eyes in my opinion, but it definitely has the potential to surpass my feelings on the self-titled. Time will tell...

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment