On The Sixth Day Of Christmas...

DAY SIX!! Another really hard choice. It was between this album and Disclosure's Settle but in the end this won out, just...

My sixth favourite album of 2013 is Home by Rudimental. One of the best debut albums that I've heard in a long while especially coming from the Pop industry. I was excited about this record a while before it even dropped. After the first single "Feel The Love" hit the airwaves, mass interest was sparked but I have to say that it wasn't until I caught wind of "Not Giving In" that I was convinced that these guys weren't just one hit wonders. And from that moment on, each single that they released from the album got me more and more excited to hear it.

The record hit the shelves on the 29th of April and I'm still not bored of it. This album is such a feel good record, from beginning to end it has me bopping, dancing and overall it just makes me smile. There isn't a song on here that I don't want to belt out whenever it plays. As far as debut albums go, this is pretty much as successful as they get. With features from names like Emeli Sandé and Ella Eyre the critical acclamation has been widespread. Many of the tracks from this album have been used in movies, adverts, TV shows, etc... This record has just taken off to be honest.

It's great to hear that most great pop music nowadays is coming out of The UK and this is a good example of that. Some of my favourite tracks are "More Than Anything", "Powerless", "Waiting All Night" and "Free". Great album lyrically, vocally and instrumentally... I look forward to hearing what they put out next.


File:Rudimental Home.jpg 

To see what (very different) album I chose as my sixth favourite last year, click here.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment