On The Tenth Day Of Christmas...

... I decided to pick Not To Disappear by Daughter as my number 10 this year. If you'd have asked me where I expected they'd be on the list after I reviewed the album here, I would have told you somewhere around the middle so to have them at number 10 should already to you how high the calibre of the rest of the albums on this list are. It should also indicate how much I've listened to the rest of these albums because I have a habit of overplaying Daughter's albums.

As I've already given you a track-by-track review of the album I'll just briefly touch on how my feelings about the tracks have changed after listening to it over and over again. I suppose the most unexpected change for me was that I think I might have overdone the track "Numbers"! My feelings about this track really have been up and down - from not really appreciating at first, to loving it and overplaying and to now only being able to listen to it when I'm really in the mood. I'm sure that soon enough after a good break it'll be something for me to come back to but for now "How" has taken over as my favourite track on the record. Something about the way the whole song just swells over you on that track gets me every single time. Also, I'm super happy to see that they did go with "No Care" as a single in the end - as soon as I heard it I thought that it just had to be.

After Daughter on my Album Wishlist this time last year, it would seem that my wish has been granted and with interest. This album was indeed everything I wanted and more. In fact while we're in the spirit of making Christmas wishes - I would love to see Elena collaborate on more people's albums in the next couple of years actually... a voice like that deserves to be shared.  Aside from my feelings towards "Numbers" and "How", my feelings on the album have remained more-or-less consistent after listening to it countless times. I think that, if anything, is a sign of a very solid album. The only thing I would say, is that once again, Daughter have officially given me another classic that I'll continue to overplay and I'm hoping for the same feeling after their next few.

The only thing that I'm upset about in regards to this album is the fact that I haven't been able to see it played live yet. I feel like potentially if I had; it might've ended up a little further up the list.


Have a look at what I chose for my tenth favourite album last year here.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment