Albums Out Next Week...

Well I just want to start off by saying R.I.P. Lou Reed. I can't say that I knew much of his or The Velvet Underground's music, and I can't say that I knew much about him as a person but after hearing about his death and reading about his life I know that his passing is something that will hit hard for so many, and not just in the industry. From what I've read, his sounds like a life more than well lived and his death will definitely not go unacknowledged.

After last week's poor turnout of just two new releases (which you can see here), it would seem that as the month is coming to an end more people are getting in that final push...



LAUREL HALO - CHANCE OF RAIN
An electronic/synth-pop artist from the States. I'm not actually the hugest fan of synth-pop but some of her more ambient tracks are cool. In fairness I'm not entirely sure how I found out about her music it was just something that I sort of stumbled upon and I am counting on this new release out today to decide whether she's an artist that I'll continue listening to or not.



ARCADE FIRE - REFLEKTOR
Ever since the title track for this record came out last month I have been psyched for this album to drop! I have never really gotten into a full Arcade Fire album before, I'm a lot more in tune with their singles, but ever since "Reflektor", I think that that is going to have to change. I'm really looking forward to the possibility of an indie band actually bringing something fresh to the fast drying up scene. I get to find out how good this record really is on the 29th of October.




WHITE DENIM - CORSICANA LEMONADE
Another record set to come out on the 29th of October. Also a perfect example of the music that I believe is just taming and essentially dulling the indie scene at the moment. So many bands right now that do play technically "good" music but that is fast becoming more and more bland and kind of same-y in my opinion. I wrote about their single "Pretty Green" from the album here.





THE SWELLERS - THE LIGHT UNDER CLOSED DOORS
I have been waiting for this release for months!! The Swellers last full length release was in summer 2011 and I'm still not tired of that record! They did release an EP last year to tide us over until this next full length and so after all this waiting we finally get to listen to some good pop punk music. I can't lie, I'm expecting quite a lot from this album when I listen to it on the 29th of October.




LOS CAMPESINOS! - NO BLUES
Another album that I've been patiently awaiting. After listening to their 2011 release Hello Sadness, I was definitely impressed but not so much blown away. Then I heard their first single "What Death Leaves Behind" from this new record a couple of months ago - liked it straight away and it's actually continued to grow on me since then - Los Campesinos! tracks have a habit of doing that. So, I really look forward to listening to this over and over again and growing to love it after it's released on the 29th of October.



LUKE SITAL-SINGH - TORNADO EP
A long while ago I wrote about Luke as a "New Discovery" here and since then I've been following all his movements, even managed to catch him at Latitude this summer and I can't help but just feel proud. With talent like that, Luke deserves all this recognition that he's finally getting. Looking forward to this EP featuring his new track "Nothing Stays The Same", out on the 3rd of November.


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment