APRIL ANTHEMS

Had a huge number of tunes from records out in March here and it's time for April to give us some more! Seeing as we're already a week into April, I've definitely missed a couple of good releases, but here are some others that you can expect later this month...



SOHN - TREMORS
I haven't really kept track of SOHN since seeing him at Latitude last year, and if I'm honest, it's because I wasn't that impressed. However, I'm all for second chances and so look forward to giving this new album a chance later today now that it's been released.






THE AMAZING SNAKEHEADS - AMPHETAMINE BALLADS
I've been talking about these lads for quite a while now since discovering them here and when I initially heard of them, nothing could be found about or by them except the one song "Tesitfying Time". Now, finally, it seems that we might have a whole album's worth of music to listen to. Get excited for the 14th of April.






THE BIRDS OF SATAN - THE BIRDS OF SATAN
Foo Fighters are one of my favourite bands and Taylor Hawkins is one of my favourite drummers Therefore, anything with either of these components in it - I am guaranteed to make an effort to listen to. Taylor has started this side project with Wiley Hodgden and Mick Murphy and I suspect that it will melt faces. Have a listen on the 15th of April.





KELIS - FOOD
I have been hearing things about this album since summer last year and it's finally here!! After all of this waiting and speculating, I'm interested to hear what this record actually sounds like. I wasn't too sure about the single "Jerk Ribs" at first but I've come to like it. Hopefully when the album drops on the 21st of April I'll like it from the get-go.





BRODY DALLE - DIPLOID LOVE
Again, favour by association. Another one of my favourite bands - QOTSA happen to be associated with Brody and I've actually been hearing quite a lot about her of late, so of course it makes sense to check her out! If she's anything like I've heard, I think I'm going to like this album on the 28th of April.







DAMON ALBARN - EVERYDAY ROBOTS
I've always kind of regretted never really listening to much of Blur's material back when they were still active. However, now that frontman Damon Albarn is moving in a solo direction, I'm using this as my chance to experience a little bit of what I've missed. Damon's solo album hits shelves on the 28th of April.





PIXIES - INDIE CINDY
YES! IT'S TRUE! Pixies' first record in over two decades is coming out this month. It's been a long journey for the group but I have no doubts that they've come out with some brilliant songs because of it. Excited would be an understatement. I expect to overplay this quite a bit when it comes out on the 28th of April.






LAYLA - BLACK MUD EP
After just talking about her in this week's music news, here, I've found out that she is set to release a new EP later this month on the 28th of April. This girl is most definitely one to watch, her songs are beautifully produced, her vocals are enchanting and she's just completely in love with music. Absolutely ecstatic about this release.





Here's a look at some other musical gems that you can catch later this month:

Animal Collective - Enter The Slasher House, Iggy Azalea - The New Classic, Odonis Odonis - Hard Boiled Soft Boiled, Fear Of Men - Loom, Eels - The Cautionary Tales Of Mark Oliver Everett, Thee Oh Sees - Drop, Mac DeMarco - Salad Days, Playlounge - Pilot, Rat King - So It Goes and Neon Trees - Pop Psychology.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment